Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Iron Maiden : Phantom Of The Opera (1980)





I've been looking so long
For you
Now you won't get away from my grasp
You've been living so long in hiding
In hiding
Behind that false mask
And you know and I know
That you ain't got long now to last
Your looks and your feelings
Are just the remains of your past
You're standing in the wings
There you wait for the curtain to fall
Knowing the terror and holding
You have on us all
Yeah
I know that you're gonna scratch me
And maim me
And maul
You know I'm helpless
From your mesmerizing cat call

Keep your distance
Walk away
Don't take his bait
Don't you stray
Don't fade away
Watch your step
He's out to get you
Come what may
Don't you stray
From the narrow way

(instrumental)

I'm running and hiding
In my dreams, you're always there
You're the Phantom of the Opera
You're the devil
You're just out to scare
You damaged my mind
And my soul
It just floats through the air
Haunt me
You taunt me
You torture me
Back at your lair

No comments: