Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Eric Clapton: Layla (Une merveille)

Let's start with the gods of the guitar. Layla is a song written by Eric Clapton and inspired by the Persian classical poet Nizami Ganjavi's "The Story of Layla and Majnun". Clapton identified to the story of Layla and Majnun and dedicated the song to his then wife Patti Boyd Harrisson (ex-wife of Beatles Georges Harrisson).



What'll you do when you get lonely
And nobody's waiting by your side?
You've been running and hiding much too long.
You know it's just your foolish pride.

CHORUS:
Layla, you've got me on my knees.
Layla, I'm begging, darling please.
Layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind.

I tried to give you consolation
When your old man had let you down.
Like a fool, I fell in love with you,
Turned my whole world upside down.

CHORUS

Let's make the best of the situation
Before I finally go insane.
Please don't say we'll never find a way
And tell me all my love's in vain.


There is even a recent version with the other god of the guitar Mark Knopfler

3 comments:

Unknown said...

MERCI.

Je suis fan d'Eric Clapton.

STP, as-tu trouvé un moyen pour que nous puissions avoir acces à ton blog censuré?

samsoum said...

non, mais tu peud utiliser Google Reader ou TN-blogs pour lire le contenu. Pour commenter, vaut mieux demander par email a des bloggueurs locaux :-)

Skan! said...

Je prefere la version Unplugged ;o)

Merci pour le partage .